Thursday, December 10, 2009

Who would have thought

Today I finished my last hours as a student nurse. I will never be a studnet nurse again. It's bitter sweat. I kept thinking that something would stop me. I would fail, or the school would be shut down, or Christ would return. I mean I guess Christ could return between now and sunday and I would never graduate (which in that case I would be ok with not graduating. ) But I'm actually graduating. It is the same feeling I had a few minutes before I walked down the isle at my wedding, this feeling of oh wow I am actually at this moment that I have been working so hard to get to. I almost want to stop time and analyze it all for a while.

I talked with the Assistant Nurse Manger at the hospital i have been doing my practicum at today about working there. He said the only thing I lack to be a real ER nurse (as appose to a nurse who works in the ER) is the experience. He said everyone has great things to say about me, I have a perfect attitude and personality for the ER and my skills are there I just need time and practice to perfect them (this takes at least 5 years.) I applied for a position and he said he would interview me. It sounds really promising but it is only a part time position. It may turn into a full time position in January, but who knows.

I have applied for a few other jobs and I need to apply to several more. Its exciting to apply for Big Kid jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment