Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Long Nights and Peter Pan


I started working night shifts about three weeks ago and let me tell you, wow is it a strange shift to work. We really don't do much but every inch of you body screams at you "why are you still up go to bed!" Last night we had an eventfull night, they changed what we did during the night and gave us more cleaning tasks to do. So instead of using my nursing skill I learned last semester, I'm learning the proper way to scrub a toilet and how to mop floor. It is simply busy work that I find to be a waste of time. Not much I can do though. It makes me long for when I am a nurse and I can boss all these people around. :P It also is hard to see these aged men a women struggle to do the simplest things knowing their isn't much I can do for them. Really makes you wish you could be peter pan and never grow old. A women fell last night and could not get up. Luckly the other person working with me was a man who could lift her. She struggles so hard just to get into bed and then this morning had no idea that she had fallen. Its sad, peter pan is lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment